Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, I just got up from the breakfast table where I caught a glimpse of my daughter trying to yank a loose tooth out of her head. I am relieved that she is old enough now for me to let on as to how gross that was, without having to worry that I've hurt her feelings. My son finally broke down and brought me some orange juice, and then resumed his uncertainty over how to proceed with this day that did not seem to be revolving around him. I am also relieved that he is old enough to recognize his current teenage lot in life, and is not easily offended when we point out his general laziness.

Of course I miss the days when these two children of mine would curl up in my lap. I miss the crucial issue of the day being how long to let them drink out of sippy cups, as opposed to trying to figure out what rules to impose on all electronic media. I look back fondly on the days when I could sing, draw, brush hair, and cook really swell (in their opinions). I am grateful that my children are getting old enough to know that I need them to pretend sometimes that I still wear a sweet super hero cape! (Except when it comes to hairbrushing...then I am always positively pure evil.)

Happy Mother's Day to you moms and moms-to-be!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment