Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rainy day randomness

I love a good rainy day, and it has been a long time since we had one...not just a passing shower...I'm talking about a rainy, DAY long extravaganza. The problem is that I am a little bit grouchy and I think my sinuses might've just imploded, so I am really not enjoying the rain as much as I would like to. Why am I grouchy? Well, I am not positive to be honest with you, and that doesn't help. Did you ever have one of those times when it feels like things aren't quite going the way you want them to go, even though you aren't really sure what you were wishing for to begin with?

I am fairly certain that sweeping some random out of the crevices of my mind, along with stuffing my face with cookies, will set me on the right track. Time once again to thank Stacy for hosting the rebellion, and contributing to my random well-being!


Stacy


I have been a little obsessed at times over the past couple of weeks wondering what the hell bit me, when did it happen, and holy moly is it dead?
Due to my inability to see the affected area, I had to rely on my family to describe any changes or other fascinating bits of news regarding my wound. After a few days, I realized that some photographic evidence might be more helpful, or panic me more!
Oooh, a photographer just walked by so I have the most up to the minute status report on my neck. I am not impressed. If you or someone you know has had a situation just like this, and then lost all of his or her hair, and twelve warts grew, and sap oozed out...do not tell me! Although, I am sure I have imagined and mystery diagnosed a condition equal to, or far worse than, any scenarios you have conjured.
I have a mysterious combination of psoriasis and eczema on my feet that I feared had tried to corner more real estate on my body. I can manage socks just fine when I need to cover up that in-shoe situation, but am fairly certain that I am not a year round turtle neck wearer. Sometimes I think my feet get aggravated by stress (in other words-often), so then I wondered if my neck was stressing out, then I started to feel anxious....yeah, we see where this is going...moving on...

We went to a local arts and crafts festival on a rather hot day. I actually felt more sorry for the canine friends that had been dragged to the event than I felt for myself. (Hey, that says a lot!) For one thing, it seemed highly unlikely that any of those pooches were going to find the artwork of their dreams. A larger issue appeared to be that some of their owners left any dignity at home, presumably on the kitchen counter. This doesn't even count as taking the dog for a nice walk, as the dog IS NOT WALKING! Maybe neck flair is part of the dress code in the fairy land they just flew in from (sorry that you cannot see the long ribbons hanging from the woman's wreath of goodness on her head), but please...not here...
Remember how I said it was HOT? Well in case dog hair isn't toasty enough, look at this little friend. If clothing was essential, how about a smart lightweight tank top and shorts? Something more Richard Simmons'ish.

In other four-legged friend news...no need to ask me how happy I was that this cat does not live at my house. His strut across our entire backyard was fun to watch, but I was very glad that this isn't the place he was headed with that little treasure. Keep walking Mister Whiskers.

Sometimes I think it would be fun to feel young, like a kid, again. That does not mean that I want to wake up with nosebleeds, or just randomly have them occur while I am watching television. I was hoping for something a bit more fun and carefree.


1 comment:

  1. Cookies make everything better. Wow... at least whatever happened to your neck seems to be healing. Poor dogs :(

    ReplyDelete