Friday, September 7, 2012

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 26

Apple picking makes me happy!
The trees were loaded with apples. I so enjoy seeing the different colors and varieties.
 I am always impressed by how many apples even a small tree can yield.
 The Fritter Shack was not open (sniff), but the fudge from the gift shop was as delicious as ever. (I didn't take a photo of the box because it was pretty well demolished by the time I thought of it.)

It is amazing how much things change in just three years...
2009
2012


2012
2009


I was happy that some planning enabled my girl to enjoy fresh off the tree apples, even with her braces.
 
I was also happy that the orchard brought out the same silliness in my boy as it usually does.
 It made me so very happy that we got to share our ritual with my father and stepmother, who were up visiting.

Stop by and visit Leigh, as she has some beautiful pictures of what made her happy this week!

15 comments:

  1. I love apples, too! Great pictures - - I can feel the crunch of the first bite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sniff* I lived on a apple farm. *sniff* Can I come home now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbs up...and dudette you have some tall kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an apple pickin' good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love apple season but it spells the end of nectarine season. Waaaaahhhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the humor in these pics! We do the pumpkin farm every year, but you may have just inspired to re-think our destination. How do you like THEM apples?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Them apples are mighty fine! Oh, we do the patch too!

      Delete
  7. I love apple picking too. The smell in the orchard is just amazing. Nice shots of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great fall tradition! Fresh picked apples sound wonderful!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW, Andrea!!! Those photos of your kids are priceless. What a great thing to have! I think you should have them matted and framed together. So cute!

    I think I know what an apple fritter is....do you ever make them yourself? Do you have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! Your kids are just plain beautiful--their personalities shine in those smiles!

    Are pictures of homemade apple pie on the horizon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it IS that time of year again, yes? Looking forward to going to our local orchard. And I love your son's striking of the pose. Very fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his pockets full of apples are stunning! He lets me take pictures of him as long as he is doing something silly...fine with me! :)

      Delete
  12. I love the "how tall this fall" measuring stick! I gotta find me an apple orchard!

    ReplyDelete