Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A random monkey has my back

First a shout out to my sister and her beautiful new baby! I would like to thank Miss NewBaby for joining the family a bit early, and doing her part to keep our annual Thanksgiving photo shoot from being outdated two days later.

And now, this blog post was made possible today by a friend who is more fun than a barrel of monkeys...
Her pint glass holder
Heck, sometimes she even IS a barrel of monkeys...
She showered me with joy last week when I was at her house. Apparently she knew I was pretending to be very busy doing several real and imaginary things, so she set aside some random delights for me. Let's jump right in, shall we...

Look what her monkey radar detected...I nearly wet my pants...
They may have been hiding for my birthday, but have arrived in time for the holidays, with their creepy soft vinyl skin and creepier soft wisps of hand-applied hair! Oh Double and Trouble you made me weep with joy. I know that even though you are fully poseable, you are not toys. I am an adult, who can be a collector...of creepy monkey ads.
 
So what do we think happened to Emma & Matthew in 2012? Twenty-five years and calling it quits, but nicely commemorating the occasion with a vase?

Warm wintry sweater, complete with monthly breast exam reminder?
I was so disappointed in the plain, mitten-free, pants this was paired with.

No need to worry about anyone else on your holiday shopping list...

And I have a few people in mind for these. The name alone is priceless!
Never mind the tuba blaring out your backside, at least nobody will smell it. The fact that they even cling to thongs confirms insinuates that women might pass gas, which offends me a little.

Thanks for having my back Monkey Lover!

Thanks for hosting the random, Stacy!
Stacy


7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a wealth of weirdness. Not sure where to even start!!

    The mitten sweater. Have to go to the sweater. Only thing better would be if they were REAL mittens you could put your hands in. You could keep EVERYTHING warm and cozy.

    Oh, the monkeys. Would it surprise you to know I also have that barrel of monkeys costume? No? I didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy monkey ads... I will never sleep quite as soundly. ;) --And that sweater was priceless. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owl puke? I know some kids who would love that!

    Not sure about the idea of a subtle butt--but then, I can't stop laughing about it. So...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will not believe this, but I literally just moments ago saw a friend post on Facebook about her child doing the owl puke activity at school today. She even shared a picture of her kid holding up the skeleton he picked out of the owl puke and reconstructed. For real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard, I can barely type. This is one of your better ones!!! You are so freakin' funny!!!
    Ahhhhhhhh……ROTFLMAO…..Am I a terrible person because the first thing I thought about when I saw the creepy monkeys was the Olsen Twins? :/
    And that monkey in the first photo resembles Jerry Bears!!!
    I saw the loving cup….but I didn't think of it being over!!! LMAO some folks do celebrate divorce, from what I've been told.
    And I thought that these Pilates classes were giving me a subtle butt…..dang, I'm putting myself through torture for nothing!!! :/

    Seriously, I can't stop laughing….how do you find this stuff???? You must live in crazy town.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW Congrats on your niece….such a blessing! And I think I just saw that red line move on your NaNoWriMo bar graph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A baby for the holidays!! There is nothing like a sweet baby to hold while they fall asleep in your arms. How very very wonderful for all of you, dear friend. How I love that you have this. xo

    ReplyDelete